IIBEC Convention Student Participation Fund
Providing students from across the country educational and networking opportunities.
IIBEC Convention Student Participation Fund

Since 2012, the RCI Foundation Canada in conjunction with the RCI-IIBEC Foundation have enabled 320 college students to attend the IIBEC International Convention and Trade Show. To qualify, applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in architecture; architectural, building sciences, structural or civil engineering; construction management; or other related areas of study. Candidates are required to submit the following for sponsorship consideration:
  • A letter of recommendation from a professor or instructor.
  • An essay explaining their interest in their chosen field of study, as well as what they hope to gain by attending the IIBEC International Convention and Trade Show.
If chosen, students are provided with a travel stipend, four nights lodging at the convention hotel, a meal stipend, convention registration and a complimentary one-year student membership to IIBEC.

Each sponsored student is required to attend a minimum of ten hours of educational presentations and devote at least three hours to the trade show floor. Once the event concludes, each student is asked to participate in public affairs/advertising efforts sharing his or her experience of the convention and the knowledge gained from the event.

The Foundation believes that providing this opportunity is paramount to advancing the next generation in the building envelope industry, as convention attendance provides not only an enjoyable experience, but a required number of hours in invaluable educational seminars, networking, and fellowship with others in their chosen profession.  All donations to this fund will go directly to sponsoring Canadian students to attend this event.

about us
The RCI Foundation Canada has gained approval from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a recognized charitable organization.
As such, all donations may be tax-deductible as specified by law. Please contact your tax advisor for additional information.